Friday, February 01, 2013

Ways to Protect Your Blog from Being Hacked

I know how a person feels when they got hacked. Webmasters work day by day think and write about their niche to make their blog or website updated, filled up with different posts, comments etc. this is not easy at all to be a webmaster thinking of what to write about and later get hacked.


I received a message from a friend of mine on my Facebook inbox, told me that his blog has being hacked. I was so sad because all his efforts may be wasted and I wonder how sad he will be. I told him to contact his host.

Anybody who claimed to be victim will no longer access his/her dashboard and messages may display on their website. A malicious hacker who just got into your website can destroy or rip it apart. A hacker can also hijacked your blog and redirect your blog to an illegal website or do anything with it.

What can I do?
When your blog or website is hacked, quickly contact your host company to report the issue, maybe they can do something about it. And even contact the hacker to plead. I want you to know that anybody can be hacked.

Tips to Protect Your Blog or Website

1.     Backup your Blog Regularly
I always advise bloggers to back up their blog daily because you may get hacked anyway, anytime and any day without notifying you. I make a research on how to avoid hacker. I noticed that no matter how secure you are, there is nothing that cannot be hacked. Although, you can secure your blog or hire expect to take good care of your blog. I must tell you this: hackers work in group, if a group of hackers’ intent to bring down you blog, it will only last for few hours at its best. The best thing you can do is to install plugins/software that will be backing up your entire blog on daily basis.

2.     Install Plugin that will monitors your files and notify you of changes immediately
You can do this by telling your host to help you configure your server to notify you any changes on your files at any time. You can also search for plugin that work this way. Make sure you monitor your server regularly for any changes.

3.     Use different username and passwords on the Internet
This simply means you should learn how to memorize your username and passwords, don’t just use one username and passwords. You may simply be hacked. Use up to 3-4 different username and passwords note: use long passwords length for hosting and account Control Panel, and blog or whatever. Also use different username for each. Use the one that you can easily remember.

4.     Have strong passwords
Having strong passwords is highly recommended but changes them regularly. A strong password does not mean you should use long word such as straight words, make sure your passwords do not contain your name, date of birth, address. I strongly recommend password that nobody can ever associate with you. Keep your passwords save and secret.

5.     More than one Admin account
This is a way in which you can gain access to your admin account. You can add more than one admin account to it. Why? The reason is that, hacker that hack your blog will quickly change your details. Having more than one account will guarantee you taking control through the other account. Note: this method is also dangerous as it is helpful, make sure you fully prepare yourself for this because the more admin account on your blog, the more changes to hacker to get you. Another tip for this is to prepare different username and passwords for all your admin accounts, so that it will be difficult for hacker to take control your blog.

6.     Scan every third party plugin and theme
This is extremely important if you download your plugins and themes from other website on the Internet. These plugins and themes can be used to hijack your blog; they may be virus infected files. Scan them with your own antivirus before you install them. Don’t get hacked before you realize what to do. Check files for viruses before uploading them.

7.     Don’t use public computers to access admin panel
I realize that almost all public computers have a lot of harmful Trojans and viruses. They can be installed by hacker in order to get your private information. Sometimes, I use the public computer to access the Internet, I noticed that every time I plug in my flash drive I sued to be infected with computer virus.

Be vigilant.

I hope this tutorial helps.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have contributions to make, questions to ask, kindly relay them via the comment form.

We love to hear from you.

DON'T SPAM, READ BOOK.

Thank you.